A bit about me
Extremely fast learner always looking to improve and challenge myself in every area of life. Main skills are UI and UX design specifically for desktop and mobile platforms. Also have skills in Product Management, Sales and Business Development.
Business Development and Sales at Wipster– 2016 - Current
- First sales team member, set up initial sales processes and CRM.
- Main clients won: Sephora, Uber, Publicis Media (London), Matte Projects, MLB, Udacity and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Head of Design & Product Manager, Coachseek – 2014 - 2016
- Redesigned entire platform from the ground up (full UX/UI).
- Full branding of Coachseek.
- Created all marketing material and website design.
- Wrote all development/design specs for developers (product management).
Junior Designer, Looxie – 2014
- Designed full iPad application including working prototypes.
- Worked directly with the partnership team to secure contracts and content rights with Disney, BBC and HBO.
- Facilitated in designing the website.
Design Tutor, Victoria University of Wellington – 2014
- Taught students with varying levels of skills to develop websites and mobile applications.
Co-founder and Designer, Cogo Digital – 2014
- Accepted into New Zealand’s top accelerator program (Lightning Lab)
- Full company branding
- Website design & Product design (UX/UI)
Volunteer work in Nepal - 2010
- Travelled to Nepal to help with a reforestation project in the mountain ranges of Kathmandu. Because of limited water supply, when forest fires occur they devastate large areas. Planted 3 thousand seedlings to help re-populated these areas.
- Bronze medal at North Island Rowing Championships – 2007
- Engineering and Design Mobile showcase scholarship - 2013
- Finalists in the Westpac App Challenge - 2013
- Faculty of Architecture and Design Excellence award - 2013
- Digital Futures Scholarships - 2013-2014
- Lightning Lab accelerator program - 2014
Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand – Bachelor of Design Innovation, majoring in Media Design
I have gathered a deep understanding of UX and UI as we as business knowledge and management. It may seem strange to many to have jumped from design into sales but I thought it extremely important to learn and experience what it is like on the front lines. Talking to customers is now a breeze when completing user testing where before, I was not fully confident on the phone and extracting information. Design is always my first passion but learning sales has built me into a more confident person who is not afraid to delve into any tasks I am given and share my thoughts on projects.
- UI and UX design
- User Testing
- Adobe Suite
- In-depth knowledge of RWD
- Project management skills
- Great sense of humour and aversion to failure
- Constant self-improvement
- Sales development and mid market level sales (deal sizes of 5k - 20k USD per account)
- Business Development